Welcome To OSXplanet Frequently Asked Questions!
• Will OSXplanet 1.0 run on Jaguar (Mac
OS X 10.2) and earlier?
• OSXplanet won't show up on my desktop. I have turned off "Change Desktop" and followed all the directions. What gives?
• How Do I uninstall OSXplanet?
• The Globe on the menubar appears than disappears, what should I do?
• Does OSXplanet support multiple monitors?
• Why does OSXplanet only update the Visuals data at certain times (i.e. every 3 hours)?
• How do I install OSXplanet?
• How much is OSXplanet?
• Where can I find more information about how to run OSXplanet?
• Will there ever be a Windows version of OSXplanet?
• How do I change OSXplanet preferences?
• What are the sky blue labels that says things like STO and TYP?
• Will there ever be more localizations added to OSXplanet?
• Why are the clouds sometimes distorted?
• My cities list disappeared! What happened?
• I'm fantastically rich and would like to show my thanks in a grand way. What can I do?
As of version 1.0, OSXplanet will no longer support computers running Mac OS X 10.2.8 and earlier. For Jaguar users, OSXplanet version 0.88 is still available.OSXplanet won't show up on my desktop. I have turned off "Change Desktop" and followed all the directions. What gives?
Under Panther (Mac OS X 10.3.x), Quicktime version 7.1.5 breaks many Quicktime-based applications including OSXplanet. Please update to the latest quicktime (7.1.6).How do I uninstall OSXplanet?
OSXplanet can be accessed using the menubar item (blue globe by the clock). From here you can edit the settings as well as quit the application. Once you've quit, simply toss the application in the trash to uninstall. If you can't find the blue globe, it is likely that either your menubar is too crowded or OSXplanet is simply not on. In this case simply go to the System Preferences to set the Desktop image to your choice.The Globe on the menu bar appears than disappears, what should I do?
First, try to restart OSXplanet. If it crashes again, it is most
like that something in the OSXplanet preferences has been corrupted
beyond repair. To reset OSXplanet to the default preferences,
remove the files:
• /Users/your home/Library/Application Support/OSXplanet
• /Users/your home/Library/Preferences/com.gabrielotte.osxplanet1.0.plist
Note that your Preferences will not be saved.
YES!! As of version 1.0, OSXplanet will support as many monitors as your computer can handle. You can assign each monitor a different preset to view or make them view all the same picture.Why does OSXplanet only update the Visuals data at certain times (i.e. every 3 hours)?
This is because the servers that OSXplanet gets the information from updates to the times shown in OSXplanet.How do I install OSXplanet?
Download the disk image, open it up and drag to anywhere you want on the computer.How much is OSXplanet?
OSXplanet is donationware. You may use it for free, but keeping the site going and working on the program takes numerous hours and college costs money too, so if you find the program at all useful or use it on a regular basis, please consider donating to the OSXplanet project. A suggested amount is $20, but any amount above $5 (due to Paypal account penalty) will help.Where can I find more information about how to run OSXplanet?
More information can be found at the OSXplanet Documentation. If you want to ask specific questions please email me at email@example.com.Will there ever be a Windows version of OSXplanet?
At the moment, no. I plan to make something like it for the Windows and Linux operating systems but have not found out where to start from. If you have any suggestion on a good place to start let me know.How do I change OSXplanet preferences?
The OSXplanet Preferences are located under the OSXplanet Menu that is represented by a blue globe with a moon in your menu bar (by the clock).What are the sky blue labels that says things like STO and TYP?
These labels are the "storms". The top part is their designated name and the bottom part tells you which kind they are. STO stands for Storms, TYP stands for Typhoons, DEP stands for Depression, HUR stands for Hurricanes.Will there ever be more localizations added to OSXplanet? I plan to add as many localizations as possible because OSXplanet is after all an application that can be used universally. If you can help out in any way let me know. Why are the clouds sometimes distorted?
|This is a problem at the cloud source. Usually it is fixed by the next update on the server side usually 3 hours.|
For some reason the cities file has become corrupted. Possibly due to a premature termination of OSXplanet. To get the cities list to reset, quit OSXplanet, remove /your home/Library/Application Support/OSXplanet and then restart OSXPlanet.I'm fantastically rich and would like to show my thanks in a grand way. What can I do?
In the unlikely event that this will happen, there are many things that I'll need in preparations for college. Email me for details.